Action guide in case of death
What too do in case of a loss
The sorrow and grief that one feels affect both the memory and the ability to organize and achieve goals.
For this reason, we have compiled a short but detailed action guide in case of death with which we aim to offer you advice and guidance.
Death Action Guide:
In any case of out-of-hospital passing, a doctor who will certify the death must be notified.
The Alpha – Omega Funeral Home, the Funeral Home of your choice, will then be notified to schedule an appointment during which we will discuss the services you need and advise you.
During the advisory meeting, and if possible, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the following documents :
1. Identity card or passport of the deceased
2. Certificate of marital status or marriage certificate
3. Birth certificate
4. Deed of death of the spouse (in the case the dead survived his/her spouse)
5. Divorce court decision (in case the deceased was divorced)
6. Birth certificate of all children under 18 years of age (minor)
The following documents are necessary for Greeks that have been living in Germany for a very long time:
1. Retirement certificates to inform the insurance company about the termination of pension, widow’s pension, disability pension, supplementary pension, child allowance.
2. Health insurance, possibly a health card.
If you have chosen the Alpha-Omega as the funeral home of your trust, you are not bound by third party decisions concerning the commissioning of the transfer of the body to a different funeral home, regardless of the place of death, burial, or residence of the deceased.